USS Lancetfish SS-296
Lancetfish (88-296) was laid down 15 December 1942 by Cramp Shipbuilding Co., Philadelphia, Pa.; launched 15 August 1943; sponsored by Miss Beatrice P. Barker; towed to Boston Navy Yard 19 May 1944 for completion; and commissioned 12 February 1945, Comdr. Ellis B. Orr in command. While tied up alongside Pier 8, Lancetfish flooded through her after torpedo tube and sank 15 March. She was raised 8 days later and decommissioned 24 March. Assigned to the Atlantic Reserve Fleet in uncompleted condition, she was transferred to the 1st Naval District 27 February 1947 and was assigned to the New London Group 9 December 1962. Her name was struck from the Naval Register 9 June 1958.